By providing current and former incarcerated people access to the arts, we utilize art’s unique ability to stimulate emotional health, personal growth, financial stability and community collaboration. In the Greater New Orleans area where more people are incarcerated per capita than any other state or nation on the planet, our service and commitment is to create a model for arts-based re-entry programming that can be replicated nationally as an effort to reduce recidivism rates.
Our goals include:
- Utilize art’s unique ability to stimulate emotional health, personal growth, and supplementary financial gain.
- Build space that is committed to pushing back
- Offer artists residencies, holistic art-based workshops, community-led art projects, and opportunities to exhibit and sell works of art.
- Facilitate critical community dialogue at the intersection of art and prison eradication.
- Facilitate creative self-expression, giving a platform to those affected by the cycle of mass incarceration.